Independence at Home Care
Home Visit M.D. offers quality in-home care for patients with numerous chronic conditions involving functional and/or cognitive complications. This high risk/high utilization population often has numerous healthcare providers and multiple medications. This may cause confusion, a medical crises and additional health costs. Collaboration between our Independence at Home Program and (ACOs) helps eliminate uncertainty and disorder.
Home Visit M.D. assists patients from health facilities to home care with our Independence at Home Program. Our services range from a home visit to aggressive long-term care.
The majority of patients with chronic conditions experience difficulty scheduling and coordinating their required multiple office visits. Many fail to make their appointments and later seek emergency care.
"5% of the chronically ill (high-risk/high-cost patients) account for 50% of total costs."
2002 John Hopkins University Report
- 4% of Medicaid beneficiaries with two or more chronic conditions account for 50% of expenditures.
- Currently 25% of Medicare beneficiaries with two or more chronic conditions account for 85% of costs.
Home Visit M.D. chronic care coordination programs specifically targets the top 5% of the high-risk and high-cost patient population.
Our physician house calls, chronic healthcare management and Independence at Home Program eliminate patient frustration and fears while reducing costs associated with the chronically-ill hospital admissions, readmissions, urgent care, emergency room visits and acute hospital stays.
Home Based Chronic Care Programs Cost Savings
- 50% Reduction in Initial Hospitalization for Patients at Risk
- UP TO 95% Reduction of Hospital Admissions and Readmissions (Rebounding)
- UP TO 65% Reduction in ER Visits
- 62% Reduction in Hospital Days
- 88% Reduction in Nursing Home Days
Most chronically-Ill patients qualify for our Independence at Home Program.
Home Visit M.D. Offers
- Reliable identification of independence at home candidates
- In-home assessments, diagnosis and health care plan
- Intergraded and comprehensive health care plan
- Comprehensive, coordinated healthcare with functional, medical and social needs
- Collaborative plan involving primary care, specialists care and additional assistance
- At-home IV antibiotics
- Wound care
- Ostomy care (Foley catheters, peg tubes, colostomy, tracheostomy)
- Frequent screening for urinary tract infection
- Remote monitoring (weight, fluid load, blood pressure, PT/INR, glucose)
- Medication therapy management
- Acute visits within 24 hours of discharge or acute complaints
- Face-Time access to medical staff – 24/7
- Physician access via cell phone – 24/7
- Phone call service by a physician, physician assistant or nurse